WELCOME TO PI VOLLEYBALL CLUB TEAMS
Players who try out and make the teams will train with one of the most talented and competitive coaches in Michigan, owner and director, Amy Matthews. Team coaches assist at practices and coach tournaments. During training, the players work on fundamentals, communication and how to work successfully as a team.
We are proud of the fact that we recognize potential and athleticism, collect data through our tryouts process, and take as many competitive players as possible. We are selective in our tryout process; unfortunately, not everyone is placed on a team. We expect to have competitive teams at all age levels. Our controlled growth is imperative as our focus and attention on quality coaching is of the utmost importance.
Please register for try-outs online with the link below. You will need to register your players first and create an account if you haven’t already. When you login, you will see the options for your daughter to register for Winter Teams. You will have the option to pay the try-out fee by credit card when you register, or to bring a check to the try-out.
12U: Lake Michigan Spring power League; 4/13, 5/4 and 5/18
13U and older: Volleyfest, April 27-28; MVA Spring Fling, 18-19;
MJVBA State Championship, June 1-2
12U: $495 + $115 Apparel Cost (no apparel cost for returning winter players)
13U and older: $640 + $115 Apparel Cost (no apparel cost for returning winter players)
$40 Try-Out Fee (Tryout fee is waived for returning winter players)
Try-outs are at Grand Haven High School. (If players are interested in trying out for Pi Volleyball, but cannot make the dates below, please contact Amy Matthews directly at (847) 638-6001
- Sun, March 17th; 13U; 2:00-4:00 pm
- Sun, March 17th; 12U and 14U; 4:00-6:00 pm
- High school players interested; please contact Amy Matthews
Completed forms are required for tryouts. Forms from winter season carry over to Spring season. Click here to download forms. Arrive 15 minutes early and be dressed and ready to go.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Apparel costs include (tournament jersey, 2 practice shirts, warm up top)
- Half of fee is due within the week of accepting a spot on a Pi Volleyball roster. Remaining half is due by April 30th, 2019
- 2 weekly practices with position training
- All practices are in Grand Haven
- There are NO MANDATORY PRACTICES over Spring Break.
- Players must have a valid AAU card by first practice. Pi Volleyball club code: WY6E9A
- Training begins tentatively, Wednesday, March 20th, 2019